"Some data points about what’s happening at the Cambridge office, followed by a video interview with Vinter, who talked about how Google hires for this office.
– Cambridge has 175 employees, split roughly evenly between ad sales and engineering.
– Google opened a Boston sales office in 2002; engineering began here in 2005.
– Cambridge Googlers contribute to YouTube, Blogger, Friend Connect/Open Social, book search, Android, infrastructure, Web crawl, and networking
– New projects indigenous to Cambridge include Friend Connect, a toolbox for easily adding social networking to Web sites
– Neither Larry Page or Sergey Brin, Google’s founders, have visited the Cambridge office, but Google CEO Eric Schmidt has.
May 16, 2008 by Leave a Comment